We ship all rugs within the contiguous forty-eight states free of charge (“Free Shipping”), with the following exceptions.
- For shipments to the west coast of the United States (California, Oregon, state of Washington) there is a $35 surcharge.
- For shipments to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada there is a $50 surcharge.
- For rugs measuring greater than 80 sq. ft, there will be a surcharge for shipping to the west coast of the United States (California, Oregon, state of Washington) of an additional $35, and to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada of an additional $50.
For international buyers, with the exception of Canada, please contact us in advance about shipping charges before you buy.
RETURNS and REFUNDS
If for any reason a rug you purchase from us does not meet your needs, you may return it to us, no questions asked, subject to the following:
- You must notify us within three days (72 hrs.) of receipt of the rug of your intention to return it. The rug must be shipped back to us within five business days of receipt of the rug. We will send you a return shipping label.
- When the returned item is received, it must be in exactly the same condition as when we shipped it to you. If there is any damage or change that lessens the rug’s value, that amount of loss of value will be deducted from your refund.
- Buyer is responsible for both costs of shipping (that is, the original cost of shipping from Decorum to the buyer and from the buyer back to Decorum). Those shipping charges will be deducted from your refund.
- Returns will NOT be accepted if the purchase price represents a negotiated price below the list price of the rug, that is, if buyer makes and Decorum accepts an offer lower than the price that rug has been listed at. In that case the sale is final.
Normally we ship within 72 hours of receipt of payment. In some few cases, it may take longer, if we determine a rug would benefit from additional cleaning or conservation before it is shipped. In that (rare) instance, we will of course inform you of any delay in shipping.
Due to COVID-19 national carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS) are experiencing delays and irregularities in delivering packages. Because of this we urge our customers to exercise patience in awaiting the receipt of their purchases. However, if you have not received your purchase within 30 days of the shipment date, we will, upon request, refund your purchase cost. Please do be aware that, first, all shipments are insured for full value and require a signature upon receipt, and, secondly, we regularly track all packages we send until they reach their destination, and if a shipment has not been scanned in properly by the carrier or appears to be “stuck” in a location, we then contact the carrier and persist in pursuing the issue until it is resolved. While in a few cases some special prodding was required from us, to date all rugs we have shipped have made it to their destinations safely.